Search This Blog

March 16, 2011

Atheist - Jupiter (2010)


Another nightshift being whipped by the unrelenting machine, pushing cups of coffee down my engorged gullet and throwing some grooves into the blackness.

Whilst never having heard Atheist before I didn't have any expectations. If anything I had my doubts seeing the band has been peddling its wares since the mid 80's and this is their first album in 17 years. I reached out, turned my metal horns to the sky and prayed it wasn't some geriatric power metalers hiding behind a very cool album cover.

Not to be. The album starts off with a blistering pace and with a bucket of shit in hand, the band throws everything at you. Spiraling riffs and tempo changes. Countless solos and sick twists.  I expect in comparison to their previous efforts the production its a very polished sound and to some this may be a downfall that the band has climbed out of the dungeon. Overall a great album.

Tracklisting:

01. Second To Sun
02. Fictitious Glide
03. Fraudulent Cloth
04. Live And Live Again
05. Faux King Christ
06. Tortoise The Titan
07. When The Beast
08. Third Person

When the Beast Calls...Answer

No comments:

Post a Comment